Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Paris, enfin

So I finally made it to Paris, which was a miracle since my Reno-Denver flight was going to be 2 hours late, causing me to miss my connecting flights and I had to be re-routed. Twice. Plus, to make things more difficult, British Airways decided to be on strike. Merci beaucoup. But I made it, only a couple of hours later than originally planned, after more than 20 hours of traveling!
Today I met Joy in my beloved Place des Vosges, we bought our Provence train tickets, and wandered around my old neighborhood. I showed her where I lived in 2007 and we went to my boulangerie where I got a pistachio eclair, which, case you were wondering, was absolutely delicieux! I also got a French phone and we dragged my heavy suitcase down 6 flights (well 7 since floors are numbered differently in France--the first floor in France is the second floor in the US) and hauled it over to her room for storage till we get back from Provence. This is also where I will be staying for the summer, so I got to check it out a little. Similar to our accent housing (for my study abroad friends), minus the kitchette and ensuite bathroom--we share those amentities. But it'll definitely do for half the cost of any apartment here!

After only 2 nights here, tomorrow morning I am off to 9 days in Provence with Joy! We are soooo excited, but you all will have to wait to hear about it :D If you gave me address, you might have a postcard coming your way though!

Ok, that was short and sweet, I'm off to meet my friend Eglantine who I am staying with until tomorrow morning. I'll update again asap!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment